Can Adam Escape a Sinking Car? | MythBusters - playithub.com
Published: 7 years ago By: Discovery
By: DiscoveryPublished: 7 years ago
3, 674 Likes 375 Dislikes
Fearless Adam holds his breath as he is submerged in a pool to test the underwater car escape myth.
Watch full episodes for FREE!
Watch Bear Grylls
"THE MACHINE KNOWS WHERE IT'S GOING!!"
Flipped rolled down a bank, nose bobbed an has quick has u could hit the top of tht last gasp we sank-THAT QUICK- passenger side window now touching the river bed. i fought & thought to get the seatbelt off, holded breath tht long i gasped twice, ''Some1 genuinly SMACKED ME IN THE HEAD, SAYING ''COMPOSE YOURSELF''......IT WAS CLOSE......2 CLOSE.......1 DEAD........True story......RIP.....BRO.......
1. As soon as the hood touches the water be lowering your window already, if it's automatic you don't have long before the water messes it up so don't panic just lower the damn window
2. Take your seatbelt off ONLY AFTER you hit the water. If you do it while your still airborne you might get slammed into the wheel or front window and pass out or die on impact. Wait till you start sinking to take off the seatbelt.
3. If you window messes up use a glass breaker tool
4. If that fails try to use the headrests, however be aware that many headrests nowadays cant be removed.
5. If you don't have a glass breaker, and the headrest cant be removed. Your going to have to wait for the pressure to equalize. Stay calm take deep breaths. Your car will probably be 30-40 feet deep by the time it equalizes that means you will have to hold your breath in the water at least 30-45 seconds while swimming to get to the top most likely.
That is known as the "Mary Jo Kopechne Manuever".
Didn't work for her either.